Ahhhh! We love a good date night (we love date days too!). Now that the kiddos are back in their fall routine of being in school, we thought it would be a great time to come up with a list of date ideas right here in the Tri-Area!
- Sorrentino’s Stony Plain Cooking Class on October 26th – We can’t think of a better date idea than taking part in a cooking class. Sorrentino’s does an amazing job at setting the tone with great ambiance so that participants can enjoy a glass of wine while getting their hands dirty. A sit down dinner concludes your evening so that you can truly enjoy the fruits of your labour! Check out their website to register.
- On Par Golf – Don’t let the name fool you; On Par isn’t just for golf enthusiasts! If golf isn’t your jam, no need to worry. They’ve also got football, hockey, baseball, soccer, and racecar simulators. Did we mention they have a lounge so you can enjoy a nice drink before or after your game? With the weather turning colder and colder, it’s nice to have an indoor date option without having to worry about the impending rain or snow. Check out their website here, where you can book online.
- Luminaria at the University of Alberta Botanic Garden from December 6 – 8th – Thousands of candles light the pathways of the Kurimoto Japanese Gardens, making this a super romantic date night experience. This event sells out every single year, so make sure to grab your tickets right away – you’ll be disappointed if you don’t!
- Skydive with Eden North – If you and your partner are thrill-seekers, look no further than Eden North for an awesome date idea. Located in Onoway, Eden North is Western Canada’s longest dropzone and most successful diving school. Obviously this isn’t for everybody, so if only one of you is skydiving, the other can enjoy a relaxing wait in the skydiver lounge. Check out their website to book online.
- Broadway and Grand – You guys, we can’t! This place is everything! Did you know that Broadway and Grand’s chef worked at a Michelin Star restaurant in New York before coming back home to Spruce Grove? Their loss was definitely our gain, because can we just say, their secret poutine menu is off the charts! Broadway and Grand is definitely a great way to end a date with some amazing food, and even tastier cocktails. Check out their website here, but be warned that you’ll be yelling “START THE CAR!” as soon as you take a look at their menu.