First impressions matter. You did the homework – you’ve made the needed repairs and upgrades to the interior of your home, it’s been decluttered, and it’s been staged. It feels ready to hit the real estate market.
But did you know, first impressions actually start BEFORE the buyers walk through your front door? People are quick to judge and it starts as soon as they roll up. The good news is a significant improvement to your home’s exterior doesn’t have to cost you a fortune, and it can be done in less than a day.
Here are our quick tips to help boost your home’s curb appeal:
- It’s fall time in Parkland County! Setting out some potted mums or pumpkins outside your front entrance can have a huge impact and add that much needed color to the exterior of your home this time of year. In the winter months, consider putting up a lovely green wreath on your front door, while in the summer months you can improve the appeal of your landscaping by trimming hedges, removing weeds, and giving the grass a fresh cut.
- Is your front door looking a little beat up from the extreme weather we get? Consider giving it a fresh coat of paint to spruce it up.
- Remove distracting items. A large camper & extra vehicles in the driveway, dirty garbage bins, outdated seasonal décor, and other things being stored/displayed in your front yard should find a new, temporary home.
- Open the curtains/blinds on the front windows! It makes the house more inviting from the outside and drenches the interior with natural light for the buyers to enjoy once they enter your home.
- Remove any grease or paint stains from the driveway &/or porch areas. If you don’t own a power washer, consider renting one for a few hours and blast those stains right off.
- Wash your house, windows, doors, mailbox, driveway & sidewalks. It’s amazing the difference a clean exterior can make in the appeal of a home.
- Turn on all exterior lights at dusk. Especially true this time of year, a well-lit home sets the stage for a positive buyer experience before they even set foot in your home.
There you have it. These quick & easy tasks are inexpensive and can make all the difference to a home buyer in today’s market.
If you are looking for homes for sale in Spruce Grove, Stony Plain, or Parkland County, We’d love to help you in buying & selling your homes. For more tips to instantly boost your home’s appeal inside and out, feel free to contact us anytime.