Spring is officially upon us and we can’t wait to share our Top 5 list of things to do in the tri-area for the month of April!
- Opening Day Spruce Grove Farmers Market!– Saturday, April 6th– 9:30AM – 1:30PM @ 120 Railway Avenue. Woodworking, blankets, and jams. Oh my! Celebrating its 42nd year in operation, the Spruce Grove Farmers Market has undergone a bit of a facelift this year. The list of vendors is quite lengthy and is sure to have a little something for everyone, so stop by on opening day, even if it’s just to enjoy some free coffee and snacks!
- Kids Workshop– Saturday, April 13th – 10:00AM – 12:00PM @ Home Depot. Did you know that the Home Depot hosts a kid’s workshop every month? And it’s FREE? They had us at ‘free’! Geared towards kiddos that are anywhere from 4-12 years old, this month’s focus will be on making a birdhouse. We can’t think of more of a perfect little project for your little one to be able to appreciate all summer long. Registration isn’t required.
- Easter Egg Hunt!– Saturday, April 20th – 10:00AM – 12:00PM @ Multicultural Heritage Centre. Who doesn’t love a good Easter egg hunt, right? Kids will be able to find eggs hidden all over the Multicultural Heritage Centre grounds and trade them in for Easter Goodies. Families will also be able to dye eggs and decorate cookies. Rumor has it; there may be a special long eared guest on site! Cost: $10.00 for kids, Adults free. Click on this link for more information.
- Kids Club– Weekends in April – 10:00AM – 12:00PM @ Michaels. Carrot Crafts, Funny Bunnies, Fuzzy Lambs, and Spring Art. This month’s theme at Michael’s is definitely everything Spring and Easter! Take your pick as to what craft you’d like your kiddo to participate in because you can shop in store while your little one enjoys taking part in a craft! Pre-register online or in store. But if you’re a last-minute kind of planner, rest easy. They take drop in’s too! Cost: $2.00 – $5.00 depending on craft.
- Basket Planting!– Various Days in April @ The Local Nursery & Garden Centre. We have officially fallen in love with basket planting and it’s on our ‘to-do’ list every spring. Bring your gently used or new baskets or planters with you to The Local Nursery. New to basket planting? Don’t worry. They’ve got an abundance of planters to choose from. Once you pick your favorite flowers, you’ll get to plant them in your planters or baskets right on location. They’ll even supply the soil and fertilizer! Just wait, it gets better. They water and love them for well over a month so that when you come back at the end of May to pick up your planters, they will be more lush and full than you can even imagine! Cost: FREE (as long as you have a yearly membership) reserve your spot online as spots fill up quickly.