We managed to survive January – barely, but we did! We’ve got a great top five list this month, jam-packed with great Valentine’s Day activities for the kids. If February is as cold as it was in January, some of the other activities we’ve compiled on our list are a great way for them to burn off some extra steam too.
1) Valentine’s Day Craft Night at the Keephills Public Library, on Thursday, February 13th from 6:00PM – 9:00PM.
Bring the whole family for an evening of Valentine’s Day crafts, a scavenger hunt, and fun at the Keephills Public Library. It’s a great way to spend time together as a family and to get out of the cold. To register, call the library at: 780-731-0000.
2) Valentine’s Friday Fun Night at Crock-A-Doodle on Friday, February 14th from 6:00PM – 8:30PM.
Attention parents! You can drop your kids off at Crock-A-Doodle and enjoy a stress free date night with your significant other. Kids aged 5-12 will paint pottery, play games and enjoy a pizza dinner. Cost is $30+tax/child. Pre-payment is required by following this link.
3) Tri-Municipal Region Spring Info Night at the Heritage Park Pavilion, on Thursday, February 20th from 6:00PM – 8:30PM.
This free event is a great place for parents and community members to receive information about activities and programs offered by local sports groups, non-profit organizations, businesses and service clubs. If you’re looking to find out more information about what sports are offered in the tri-area, make sure to stop in at the info night. Most local sport groups will be taking registrations that evening for the spring summer season!
4) Movie Night With Dad at the Family Connection Centre in Stony Plain, on Friday, February 21st from 6:00PM – 9:00PM.
Head over to the Family Connection Centre for a “Movie Night With Dad”. Children aged 5-9 can bring their Dads, Grandpas, Uncles, or Male Caregivers to this free event where they’ll enjoy dinner, activities, and a movie to wrap up the night. What a great way to spend time with a loved one in your family. Tickets are selling out fast, so be sure to grab them quickly here!
5) Kids Night Out at Aerials Gymnastics, on Saturday, February 29th from 5:00PM – 8:30PM.
Are you looking for a night to yourself? If your kids are between the ages of 3 and 12 years old, drop them off at Aerials Gymnastics and let the staff take care of the rest. Your kids will spend the evening learning new skills in the gym, playing games, building forts, throwing foam, and bouncing on trampolines. After gym time, they’ll eat some pizza, do some crafts and watch a movie. Cost is $35.00 per child. Follow this link to register your child.