We’re always looking for things to do in and around the Tri-Area. This month, we’re focusing on everything from unicorn princess parties to booze to eating some of the best pies around. We’ve got you covered, so take a look at our top five picks of things to do in the Tri-Area for March!
1) Unicorn Princess Party – Thursday, March 7th @ Crock a Doodle from 6:30pm-8:00pm. Who doesn’t love a Unicorn Princess Party right? Dress your kiddos in their fanciest attire for their rare opportunity to meet a unicorn princess. That’s right. A real unicorn princess! Pre-registration is required, so make sure to sign up for your child’s spot by following this link.
2) Aerials Gymnastics Drop-In – Saturdays from 4:30pm-6:00pm. This weather has got us going stir crazy and we’re sure your kids are itching to let off some pent-up energy. Bring them down to Aerials on Saturday afternoons for drop-in gymnastics. Swing on the bars, balance on the beams, climb the ropes, jump on the trampolines, or try to get “unstuck” from the foam pit. They do have some rules, so follow this link for a list of them before dropping in.
3) Yo Ho Ho & a Bottle of Rum – Friday, March 22nd @ Liquor on McLeod from 7:00pm-9:00pm. This adults-only event isn’t just for rum lovers. It promises to take you on a flavor journey; experiencing the various ways rum can be used in cocktails. Sounds like perfection – they had us at rum! Contact the store directly to reserve your spot at 780-962-9463, or check out their website here.
4) Dance Into Spring! – Saturday, March 23rd at the Stony Plain Community Centre starting at 7:00pm. This dance is a fundraiser for the Stony Plain and Parkland Pioneer Museum. For those of you that don’t know, the Stony Plain and Parkland Pioneer Museum celebrate the town’s rich history and are committed to being an educational and cultural resource for the community. We love supporting local events and fundraisers and this one is sure to be a great time! Tickets are $25.00 and can be purchased in advance or at the door. Follow this link for more information.
And our honorary pick for this month…
5) Stony Plain Pie Shoppe – could we just move in?! Pies pies, PIES! Everything from your savoury pies like vegan tourtiere, to your pie staples like apple or strawberry-rhubarb. What’s not to love? Did we mention they have whole grain pies? We don’t even know what those are, but with a name like “Caramel Apple Pie” how could you resist? Check out their menu and hours here.