Wow, September is officially upon us – we blinked and summer was gone! We hate to say it but the dreaded “F word” is knocking. No, not that “f word”… FALL! We’ve got quite the list of things to do in September. Pencil them into your calendars folks, these are sure not to disappoint.
- 25th Annual Mushroom Harvest @ Sorrentino’s in Stony Plain – Attention mushroom lovers, this is for you! For the entire month of September, stop in to Sorrentino’s to enjoy a specialty mushroom menu. If you’d like a more hands-on experience, Sorrentino’s in Stony Plain will be offering a cooking class on September 14th from 12PM – 3PM. It’s a great date night idea where you finish off the afternoon enjoying the fruits of your labor. Check out the link here to register!
- Harvest Fair @ the Grain Elevator in Spruce Grove on Saturday, September 21st from 10AM – 2PM – The Grain Elevator literally transforms itself into a farm and playground for this annual event. All of the planned activities are designed to take you down memory lane and reminisce of the days gone past. Games and rides are free! We can’t think of a better way to kick off fall than this!
- Take a Walk on the WINE Side @ ProBiz Centre in Spruce Grove on Thursday, September 26th from 6PM – 8:30PM. Attention wine lovers! This one is just for you. Wine connoisseur Terry Tait from Liquor on McLeod will be guiding participants in learning about different wine regions and the grapes they produce, along with understanding the various characteristics that make up a good quality wine. Grab a girlfriend and follow this link to register! It’s wine o’clock somewhere right?
- Blood Drive @ Holy Trinity Catholic Church in Spruce Grove on Thursday, September 27th. If you’ve thought about donating blood but have been dragging your feet not wanting to drive into the city, then there are officially no more excuses! Canadian Blood Services frequently holds blood drives in the tri-area so that local residents are able to give back. We’ve been donating for years, and every time we donate, we get all warm and fuzzy inside thinking of all the good it’s doing. Follow this link to their FAQ page for any common questions you may have, then click on this link to book your appointment!
- Harvest Festival @ Stony Plain & Parkland Pioneer Museum on Saturday, September 28th from 12PM – 3PM. This free event is something the entire family can enjoy. With a balloon artist, sparkle tattoos, live music, and wagon rides, the Harvest Festival is sure to keep a smile on everyone’s faces. Don’t forget to stop by and see the miniature machine display put on by the Alberta Metal Enthusiasts Network while you’re there!